Saturday, May 23, 2009

when life cancels camping trips, make S'mores by the Stovetop.



Blair and I had to cancel our camping trip last minute today. I was literally at the grocery store with a cart full of graham crackers, mallows and chocolate when she called to let me know her car was not working. Needless to say, I was a little bummed, I was very excited about spending the weekend with Blair out in nature, but for one reason or another it wasn't in the cards for us this weekend.

I drove home after returning everything in my cart feeling a bit disappointed. I walked in th front door and Melinda and Russell were cleaning up and were surprised to see me an hour after I had left. I told them our trip was cancelled and they could tell I was bummed and so Melinda got on the phone with her husband who was at the grocery store and insisted that he pick up grahams, mallows and chocolate so we could make s'mores. Isn't that the sweetest?

So I spent the day with my second family, hanging out in the pool and bbqing. For dessert, we stood around the stove and "roasted marshmallows" for dessert.

I am so lucky to have this family as a second family!

No comments: