Sunday, February 24, 2013
Here's to never losing sight of the beauty that is truly all around!
Thursday, January 24, 2013
i wish that when i was in my twenties i wasn’t always so worried about how i looked, how i measured up compared to other women my age, whether my clothes were good enough, etc. as soon as i got the courage to really go my own way — and it did take a while — the happier i became.lynn yaeger
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
1) taking cool pictures
2) adventure car-ing and stopping for whatever piques my interest
3) Drinking chai tea
4) going to Funky coffee shops
7) trying new, cool things
8) learning new, cool things
9) exploring new cities
10) exploring old places and finding something new
11) finding the perfect gift for someone
12) reading up on yoga teacher training programs
13) watching parenthood
14) reading up on Masters in Public Health programs
15) listening to Dave Brubeck
16) coming across an inspiring quote or passage in a book
17) hearing someone's inspirational life story and then feeling like I could do the same thing
18) getting a facial
19) going for a leisurely walk in our neighborhood
20) mentally pinning cool home decoration ideas
21) organizing stuff
22) making lists
23) lifting weights
24) reading about Buddhism
Sunday, January 13, 2013
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
I'm experiencing a little bit of deja vu right now - Joe and I are at the airport waiting to board a flight home for Thanksgiving - Joe's off grabbing a beer and I'm finally giving my blog some long over due TLC and I can't help but think about how last year at this time, we were sitting at the airport working on, what else? WEDDING stuff :). I am so thankful that we are just enjoying married life these days and not furiously planning our wedding day.
Thanksgiving, is without a doubt, my very favorite holiday and I feel so lucky that Joe, my hubby of 4 months as of TODAY - shares my love of feasting on yummy food and gushing gratitude! We were definitely meant to be folks, I'm telling you the number of times we express silly gratitudes to each other almost makes ME sick to my stomach :). This year we get to spend Thanksgiving with BOTH of our families - at the SAME TIME! It goes without saying that this is a pretty special occasion. That's right Mom and Dad Farber, Mom and Dad Bielecki, Sister Sledge (Jess), Sissy Clare, Sissy Tara and brother Mike - ooooh and my adorable Grandma and Grandpa, of course - all at one table! I have to get all my gushiness out here so I can keep it calm and cool tomorrow and not overwhelm people :). Here's to remembering to take deep breaths tomorrow amidst the cooking and feasting to truly take in what a cool thing it will be to have this group of people all together.
Two side notes...
1) I'm pretty sure I seriously sprained my ankle running the Big Sur half marathon this past weekend - I'm limping around like a true gimp - I guess that's what you get for running 13.1 miles in one go. Thanksgiving is serving as a good reminder for me to be thankful for the health that I do have instead of dwelling on how my ankle is limiting me - I may be trading in my beloved hometown runs and hikes for movies over the next few days and will be doing my best to be grateful for the forced rest :). Grateful for a long list of good movies out in the theaters now - Lincoln, Rise of the Guardians, Skyfall, Argo, Life of Pi - thank you bum ankle for forcing a movie marathon on me :).
2) I'm experiencing a little bit of deja vu right now - Joe and I are at the airport waiting to board a flight home for Thanksgiving - Joe's off grabbing a beer and I'm finally giving my blog some long over due TLC and I can't help but think about how last year at this time, we were sitting at the airport working on, what else? WEDDING stuff :). I am so thankful that we are just enjoying married life these days and not furiously planning our wedding day.Happy, happy Turkey gobbling y'all!