Thursday, April 23, 2009

Good quotes and Great runs...

(Totally random picture that has nothing at all to do with this entry :))

Have I mentioned that I really enjoyed the book I just finished, "Happens Every Day?" Perfect book for my current situation, I could really relate to the main character Isabel as she watched someone she loved fall out of love with her. My heart broke when she recounted the first time her husband used her name instead of their pet names, when her husband's tone changed from a loving one to a somewhat cold and distant one--I remember how much it hurt to hear Joe call me Sarah instead of Baby or when I could hear in his voice that he didn't want to be with me. In the end though, her story was uplifting in so many ways and has given me some more hope that things are going to be okay. One of my fav. lines is the very last line of the book and I would love to share it, but I don't want to be a spoiler. If you are dying to know, you can leave a comment and I will tell you.

Here is another one of my favorite parts that I just have to share,

"I thought if I could get such a kick out of these pancakes, I hadn't died. He hadn't killed me or destroyed my ability to take pleasure in life. I could taste something heavenly and feel joy, even if only for a second. That pancake meant I would be okay. It gave me courage and hope that even on the darkest day, there is a way to see light and feel the beauty of the world. Sounds corny, but life can be glorious. Remembering that during the lowest, saddest times is imperative if you want to get back to the highs. But you have to look. You have to remember to remind yourself to look."

This woman is totally in my circle!!!! I love the way that she worked so hard to find beauty even amidst the pain! I think that was one of the first coping devices I turned to when this breakup happened and this is evidenced in my first few blogs after the breakup, with my simple pleasure lists. It's becoming more natural now to see the good, but at first I kind of forced myself to take note of the good things that still surrounded me.

On an unrelated note, I went on a run with the group at Runner's High (what a great name for a running store) and met some cool people. One guy's wife was a travel writer for Sunset....can she please come next time! And we ran into the managing editor for Sunset...maybe my dream of working there will actually come true one day!

No comments: