Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Wishing for a "do over"

I woke up this morning with intense feelings of regret. I know there are quotes that say you are supposed to live your life without regret, but at this point in my life, I have to say there are days when I can't help but feel full of regret.

I have been reading a Christian daily devotional and today's topic was "Anointed to be Quiet." It talked about how important it is to think before you speak and how those who do not do this end up in disaster. I realize that this has happened to me. I often say things in moments of anger or stress that cross my mind but that I do not really mean and this is the reason that I have the sadness that I do right now.

This is something that I know I need to work on if I ever hope to find another loving relationship. I feel so guilty for the things that I have said in moments of anger and stress.

The pain that I have felt through this makes me committed to making a change in the way I think/do not think before I speak.

I am hoping tomorrow's devotional is about forgiving yourself.

No comments: