Thursday, March 5, 2009

A new start?

I'm actually feeling a little bit "lighter" tonight. Sure it might be partially because I got to talk to him for a little while, but whatever the reason, it feels nice to not feel like I have 50 pound dumb bells on my shoulders at the moment.

I haven't written much about my new living situation yet but I am happy to report that it is going really well. I know it might sound slightly crazy for a 26 year old to be living with a family, but I have to say, being where I am emotionally at the moment, it has been exactly what I need.

So yes, I am living with a family, a lovely Jewish couple with a 13 year old daughter and a 16 year old son and I am really enjoying it. They have been so warm and welcoming.

My first day here--Sunday---was obviously extremely emotional, but as I walked into the doorway Sunday afternoon, I was greeted with a great bit "Welcome Home" and hugs. I spent the day unpacking with the family's company and then had a comfy Pizza dinner to end the day.

I won't get into the nitty gritty yet, but I have to say that I love the neighborhood and my new drive to work. I get to drive past the offices of Sunset Magazine and through downtown Palo Alto which is chalk full of cute coffee shops, bookstores etc. I love having a fun downtown nearby.

Although I know I would give all this up in a moment in exchange for my life in the past year and a half, I hae to say that I am excited about living in a nice community and having the opportunity to explore a new area.

I have so much more to say about life in Menlo Park with the family, and I have so many pictures of my new neighborhood that I am excited to get out and take and post, so, stay tuned, I am starting to really feel like things are looking up.

1 comment:

Pipas para la paz said...

love you so much sister, i'm excited for you for your new start!