Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lightening up :)

I have felt so dark and worried and just plain old sad, guilty and full of regret lately. Yesterday, however, I had a little bit of an epiphany......

LIFE IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!

Sure we go through tough stuff from time to time, and we fall into downward spirals of worry ( I am very guilty of this!) but when it comes down to it, it's JUST life.

As the Indigo Girls say in their song Closer to Fine, "The best thing you ever taught me, was how to take my life less seriously, it's only life after all."

I have been sad lately because I feel like I am losing my best friend and I have been worried thinking that I will never find someone like him anywhere in the world and that I am doomed to spend the rest of my life alone. For the first time in my life I have been stressed about being "alone." Up until I met Joe, I never worried about finding the person who would complete me, I was simply living life, traveling the world, running marathons, enjoying my friends and family and attempting to follow my heart. I want to get back to that.

Yesterday I had a few moments of genuine excitement about life because I realize that there is so much fun to be had out there and that this life simply cannot be taken so seriously.

It's funny what a freeing feeling it is to just laugh at your life and realize that all your worries about money, career etc just really aren't that important.




I made a yummy "Spring" Pasta dinner last night and spent the rest of the evening hanging out and laughing with Rosie, showing her my pics of food, which she thinks I am crazy for taking :).

1 comment:

Pipas para la paz said...

this is an awesome post. i love you i love your blog i love your spring pasta salad and i would love if you'd send me some to munch on...now please ;) hehehe LOVE YOU!