Tuesday, March 17, 2009
"there are a thousand angels all around you."
One inspiring thing that I have found in the past month is that although I am miles away from my support systems at home, I have "angels all around me." My angel of the week is one of my good college friends, Darrel Frost. D-fro, as I call him stopped into th e bay area for an extended weekend and I have to say, it was just what I needed.
Here are the highlights of his visit;
1) Tour of my new stomping grounds at Stanford.
2) Lunch at Cafe Barrone's with his mom and dad.
3) The Stanford Mall to buy new sunglasses! (I was particularly excited about this :)).
4) A rainy drive through the Marina.
5) Champagne and cheese with Megan at Amelie.
6) A walk to Grace Cathedral and the Fairmont Hotel.
1) NO WORK!!!
2) Baking Brownies and Oatmeal Cookies.
3) Visiting the San Francisco Theological Society where D-fro's great grandfather was once president.
4) A game of gin rummy with Rosie
5) Piano Concert for the Gurman's.
6) Italian dinner at Bella Luna in downtown PA.
****Lots of heartfelt conversations about life and love scattered in between.
Posted by and i think to myself...what a wonderful world at 9:28 PM