Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Simple Pleasures...

I have been moving so fast through my days lately that I have really abandoned my simple pleasure lists and I miss 'em.....

here's a few simple pleasures as of late...

1) peanut butter pretzels.
2) seeing/hearing one of my 8th grade girls talk a teammate through a teary moment.
3) kat's extra eyes on craigslist
4) the youtube video on Jeffrey Foucault's webpage
5) sweet text messages at random times during the day from loverboy
6) my bosses's homemade chocolate tea cookies
7) pigeon pose
8) earlier morning light
9) purple pashmina scarves
10) having time to try a new recipe
Indianish chicken with tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, spinach, some turmeric, cayenne pepper, ginger and garlic. Thank you Sunset :).

7 comments:

comfy cozy said...

Nice!! And I soooo second the "earlier morning light" one! It makes me happy! :)

Annie said...

hello!
i like your simple pleasures list!
perhaps i'll compile one of my own...

oh, and i am going to attempt a half marathon in june, and i am so scared!!!! training begins this sat. with a group of other moms. any advice??

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Yum yum and love my Sarah!

and i think to myself...what a wonderful world said...

Annie! I am so excited for you to begin training for a half marathon! My only advice is just don't be too hard on yourself. You don't have to get first place or run the fastest time, just remember that, and hopefully it will take off some of the pressure and allow you to just enjoy moving your body :).

How many miles is your first training run? Make sure you have good socks on to avoid blisters and be sure to drink lots of water/gatorade after your run to help replenish your muscles and keep yourself from getting too sore.

Once you get into longer runs, bringing an i-pod along can help to provide motivation when you start to get tired.

Most of all have fun and just enjoy yourself!

Unknown said...

love simple pleasures!

Annie said...

thanks for the tips! I think that our run on Saturday is 4 miles. We'll see how it goes! Last week I was only able to run 2 of the 3 miles that the group ran... but I was frozen and just couldn't move anymore!

and i think to myself...what a wonderful world said...

Annie - I can't even express how I am excited for you and the challenge you are undertaking! I'll be thinking of you on Saturday and sending you lots of "You can do it" vibes! Just do what you can and if you can, consciously push yourself just a little bit! It might hurt a little but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by what your body is capable of!