Monday, October 11, 2010

A little slice of heaven...


Time spent with loverboy is a premium these days - he's in grad school AND working full time and is pretty much doing amazing things and I absolutely love him to no end for the drive, dedication and passion he has for what he does. However, his schedule means jam packed weeks and even classes on Saturdays - so you see, weekends like this past one are extra special. With no class on Saturday, we decided to make a bee line outta town for some California field trippin' and boy was it lovely because, although we were only an hour and a half south, we felt like we were worlds away :).


We spent a good couple of hours doing this - which is exactly what this hardworking guy needs and I'm so glad he got it. oooh and the super sunny weather made me feel like we were in sweet home San Diego.

After we were good and rested, we made our way to to Gizdich Ranch - this place made my heart sing - it was so full of fall!


Apples!


Harvest Tractors (and extra friends :)).


and Pumpkins!
And as if that wasn't enough fun for one day, our final destination was here...

amidst these beauties where we...

grilled up some portobellos and

added some smoked gouda and red pepper, eggplant and garlic spread for dinner- with plenty of wine and chocolate for dessert!


And then we woke up the next morning and tortured ourselves with a big, burley (as Joe would call it) trail run that my quads are still screaming at me for. I'm not quite sure how we mustered the energy for this shot after that run.

On our way home we went for a stroll down memory lane to see the first school that Joe taught at and it absolutely made my heart melt and well the afternoon turned in to quite an amazing one, worthy of it's own post - so if I get loverboy's permission that story will be coming soon :).




And the fun didn't stop when we got home - I showered up real quick and was off to meet my favorite gals for our latest book club- aren't they cute and harvesty!


Hope you had lots of little slices of heaven this past weekend too!

6 comments:

laura said...

Haha... that book club photo is awesome.

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

SARAH!!! I love this post!!!! Where were you at the beach? The picture of you two on the tractor was just so adorable!!! You sure do appear to be a perfect fit!!!

Your picnic made my mouth water...TRULY! We have grilled portobello sammy's all the time. I was also always secretly envious of couples that I would see out on a run together :). Dougie runs way faster and longer than me though :)!

I can't wait to hear the story, if you get permission! Oh and what books are you girls reading?

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

I meant what beach, of course.

and i think to myself...what a wonderful world said...

Awwww Lisa - We went to Manresa State Beach just south of Santa Cruz. I definitely recommend it! The portobellos were yummmmmmmmmmmmy and I hope that I can continue to keep up with Joe on runs once he gets back to working out regularly after grad school. The girls and i just finished Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert and we are now reading Little Bee by Chris Cleave.

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Oooo I have never heard of that beach! Great tip! I love your book selections too. I think they will make it into my Fall stack!

comfy cozy said...

Fun, fun, fun!!!

You live a full and rich life, my dear!