Sunday, May 22, 2011

mini house projects

no earth shattering happenings around here this weekend, BUT, some earth shattering news - Joe found out his summer vacay time - so we started to do some real vacation brainstorming/planning! wahooo! yipeee! more details on that once we've got some stuff set in stone. Other than that we've had a relatively mellow weekend. On Saturday night we tried a Vietnamese restaurant called XANH - we give it 3 stars out of 5 . Joe had a beer called Judgment day because well, it was supposedly Judgment day so he thought it was fitting. Afterwards we hit up our local fro yo joint - Yoogl - hah, kind of like Google - this place gets 5 stars -mmmm Red Velvet fro yo was awesome.
Sunday morning we did a mini trail run - I know I've said it before but I just can't say enough how much I love sharing a love of running with Joe - I also appreciate that he runs at my slow pace when I'm tired, let's me feel like I'm winning on our runs sometimes, and that he challenges me to pick it up every now and then too. I can remember on one of our very first runs together, we were on a pretty muddy trail and I was getting a little grumpy because my shoes were getting all gross and I felt like I was about to face plant with every step - but Joe was bounding (he runs like a gazelle!) around in the mud and commenting on how sometimes you just had to roll with it :) and have fun. Little did I know that that attitude would perfectly capture Joe's attitude about life and some of the "muddy" stuff that comes along - his optimism inspires me.
oooops little bit of a tangent there - after our run we walked down to our local Coffee shop - Red Rock to fuel up with some coffee and chai and then walked to the farmer's market. Lovely little Sunday morning:).

We also did a couple mini house projects this weekend, here are some pics...



I've been needing a place to put my earrings and was inspired by a craft that I saw on Pinterest. I found an old frame I had collecting dust and Joe helped me to rig the wires to the back so I could hand my earrings. He was clutch in figuring out a way to make the wires extra taut so that my earrings wouldn't slid down to the middle. It's fun isn't it?!


I printed up a pic from our road trip to Arches and monument valley last summer and added it to our wall collage. And when we were downtown for dinner we popped into a bookstore and found this great card quote - love it and am so excited to see these words each day. Inspirational words and beautiful nature is about all the decoration I need :).


A college friend made this pretty bowl for me and I've been wanting to hang it up for years but for some reason never got around to buying a bowl hanger - finally did and this beauty has a place in the kitchen - I also love seeing these words every day.

Yay our house just keeps getting homier - but this quote sums up my fav. part of our place---

"What I love most about my home is who I share it with." - Tad Carpenter

No comments: