I don't know how else to start except to say that
i LOVE SAN DIEGO,
i LOVE my FAMILY and
i LOVE my FRIENDS.
It seems like every time I go home these days, things just get better and better....San Diego gets more beautiful, the fam and I get along better and better and it never ceases to amaze me what fun new memories my friends and I get to create together.
This trip home was for some reason an especially exceptional case of all of the above. Stars were aligning on all fronts all the way up to Southwest paying for my whole flight and then some since I volunteered to take a later flight when they announced that my 2pm flight was overbooked.
Everything just seemed to fall in place so perfectly this weekend, karma definitely was in my favor this weekend! I can hardly wait to find some opportunities to pay it forward this week.
Here were some of the highlights;
1) Ocean Kayaking with Adventure Guide Blair, Maria, Amber, Curran and Mr. T! Blair worked as a kayaking tour guide in La Jolla this summer and so she arranged for a bunch of us to go out together Sunday Morning. It was gorgeous, the water was like bath water and since we went out early, we felt like we had the whole ocean to ourselves. We went through the leopard shark nursery, saw tons of Garibaldi, went through a couple of the caves, saw tons of swimmers in the La Jolla Ocean swim lane (isn't that so cool that La Jolla has a swim lane for the ocean swimmers?!). I didn't bring my camera out on the water for fear that it would get wet and man did I miss out on some awesome photo opps. The water was so clear we could see straight to the bottom near the caves. And the caves and coves were just gorgeous!
Blair and I at the Kayak Shop.
2) Breakfast at a Cody's in La Jolla with the girls and a couple of the H4L:).
My mushroom, spinach and cheese omelette....yum!
3) A lovely walk along a cliff trail where Amber now RUNS in La Jolla. By the way, I fell head over heels in love with La Jolla this weekend, I now know where I want to move to if I get to move back to SD one day. I better start looking for a higher paying job!
My future street...hahah.
4) A run up La Jolla Shores Drive to UCSD, one of my favorite roads in San Diego. Gorgeous views of the ocean!
5) Sushi dinner at Akai Hana - the Fam's all time fav. neighborhood sushi restaurant.
Bummer it's blurry...Dad, send me one of yours!
Spicy, Sweet, Crunchy roll!
I love these women!
My sister being silly.
6) Yoga with my mom :)
7) Shopping with my mom and sister :).
8) Sitting down with my grandparents to start recording some of their life story. My cousin, sister and I have been trying to get started on this project for a while now. My cousin mailed some questions to my grandparents and so this weekend my grandma, grandpa and I sat down and I used the Flip Video camera that my uncle gave me to record some of their answers to the questions. They both have such rich stories to share and so we just made a small dent in the project, but at least we finally got started!
9) Labor Day BBQ/Swim Party with family friends.
10) A visit with Diego - the first K4l! Is he not one of the cutest kids you've ever seen? Look at that triple threat position - he's got bball in his blood! My mom got him the basketball and a bball jersey and shorts for his birthday and I'm pretty sure with the genes he got from hi mom and dad he is going to be some type of pro athlete.
11) Late night talk around the kitchen table with Blair, Mom and Dad - just like the old days!
11) Morning High Valley Run.
12) Cruising with my dad in his new TT. He's always wanted a sports car and he finally got to get one a few months ago and he loves going fast in it!
13) Point Loma Seafood lunch with my Dad after I decided to take a later flight. My dad is in love with their Sloppy Squid Sandwhich and he looks for any excuse to get to Point Loma Seafood to indulge in one!
14) Scoring a Southwest Travel Voucher!
I could not be more blessed to have such a loving, giving and all around FUN family and group of friends. Thank you for making the weekend so wonderful!