Tuesday, December 22, 2009

San Diego Day #1

I don't think I could possibly ask for a better first day in my Sweet home San Diego.

I think I have been in go-go gadget mode for, I don't know, the past 6 months or so. As a result, I have been seriously craving a day of nothingness for a few weeks now and thank gawd almighty, I got just that today.

Started the day off with one of my favorite runs, my bottoms up High Valley Run. Yup that's right, a run to the bottom of High Valley and back up again and it felt great. Post run - the yoga mom and I got our om on together along with a few of her yogi friends at the gym.

And then, THEN....I got to melt into the couch and watch 2 whole movies (yes, Melinda, I did it and I only got up two times!) with my mom and sister. For a girl who rarely sits still for 15 minutes at a time, it felt glorious!

My fav. of the day was most definitely UP - such a sweet and soulful movie that you just must see if you haven't yet. I simply loved Ellie's "Big Adventure" book and especially the sweet note to her loving hubby at the end. It said, "Thanks for the Adventure - now go have a new one." Such a sweet reminder that when one adventure ends, no matter how amazing it was, as long as you are alive, there are still more to be had. Oh brother, was I a blubbering mess at this point :).

And to finish the day up, I just got home from a BBQ (yes we BBQ in December in San Diego :)) with the family of one of my sister's very good friends. I walked in the door and was handed a very full glass of Champagne and a very full plate of food, now if that's not hospitality, I don't know what is. Good times, good people and lots of laughs.

Can't wait for San Diego Day #2.



2 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Yay for some down time with family for Sarah! I am so happy to hear that UP is a good movie because I think Santa put it under the tree for Kennedy!

comfy cozy said...

Two whole movies in a row! Sounds perfect! I guess I'm out of the loop these days because I haven't heard of the movie "Up," but it will definitely be on my to-watch list. One that you recommend is bound to be good for sure! :)