Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I want to be Amy Tan....


Last week when I was subbing at South San Francisco high school I was reading the newspaper while the kids were doing work and came across an interesting article about a woman who is trying to start an online social network like facebook or myspace based upon books and authors. GENIUS I thought. It's called the Red Room. I went online to check it out and fell in love with it and signed up to be a member.

There are tons of great authors on the website, Salman Rushdie, Alice Walker, Maya Angelou and Amy Tan. I clicked on Amy Tan's name and it took me to her personal page. There is a link to her blog and I knew I liked Amy Tan but reading her blog made me realize again how much I like her. In fact, I realized that I want to be her, I want to write and travel and think and reflect!

Here is the link to the Red Room.

www.redroom.com

No comments: