Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday musings

I made my first stop at the social security office on my name change journey this morning and I have to say I'm feeling a little fired up about it.  I was actually pleasantly surprised by the efficiency I experienced and was in and out in about 15 minutes but as I was sitting waiting for my number to be called, I just couldn't help thinking that this whole concept of women taking on the man's last name after marriage is just plain old-fashioned!  I love Joe and his family and actually think his last name is pretty cool, but seriously, what century are we living in?  I'm predicting a rise in merged last name's in the next 5-10 years :).  Check it out - Antonio Villaraigosa, originally Antoni Villar - merged his last name with his wife's last name - Raigosa to come up with Villaraigosa!  Brilliant! Just sayin'.

No comments: