Friday, December 9, 2011

I love being engaged to Joe!

So we're 3 months into the world of wedding planning and I won't lie, it's been a little crazy at times. BUT you know what? I absolutely love, love, love, love, love being engaged to Joe! I love that the novelty of calling each other fiance hasn't worn off. I love that he sometimes calls me sparkles because my ring is so darn sparkly and that I love that sometimes in the middle of a conversation for no reason at all, we just stop and say - "Hey, we're getting married!" And then we both just smile really big.

When we were first engaged, people asked if it felt different and to be honest, at the beginning, it didn't really feel that different to me. But now, with a couple months of this engagement thing behind us (we're like old pros at this now) it actually does feel very different. It's funny, it's not that I didn't think about the reality of spending the rest of my life with Joe before we got engaged, but somehow I think that actually being engaged makes the whole "rest of our lives" thing really start to sink in.

Since Joe proposed and I said yes and we actually committed to this whole committing our lives to each other thing, I've been finding myself thinking more and more about how this man is going to be my life partner and how awesome that is and how incredibly smart I am for saying yes. (Ha! How's that for some unabashed bragging :)). It's true though, there are plenty of times when I think, man, I am getting the better end of this deal :).

Thanks for reading my crazy engagement thoughts everyone! happy weekending!

2 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

You know what is the best news?? It is obvious SO OBVIOUS :) that Joe feels like he is getting the better end of this deal!!!!

I LOVE your LOVE for each other!!!

P.S. The cutest little card came in the mail for me!!!! :)

and i think to myself...what a wonderful world said...

Awwww Lisa, I love that I have people in my life like you :). Yay, you got the Save the Date!!! We owe the awesomeness of that to YOU!