Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Simple Pleasures...

Why is it that the simplest things are the most beautiful to me?

1) Good Quotes --
Don't ask yourself, why is this happening to me? Ask yourself, how is this making me change
for the better?

Recognize that it's temporary and begin to visualize what life will look like when you have
passed through this moment.

2) Having good friends to pour my heart out to.

3) Lots of positive response to my heart pour - a text from Whit, a text from Amber, a phone call from Niki, a phone call from Rana, a phone call from Maria, an email from Audie, an email from Jenny, and another one from Christina. It's amazing what a difference these small gestures made today :). Thank you girls!

4) Getting the sweetest comment from my good blogging buddy about how she was day tripping in the bay area and shouted a great big hello to me, even though we have never met ;).

5) Feeling like you are receiving positive energy from the people in your life and sending some to them as well.

6) Getting to see my wonderful co-workers after a long weekend away.

7) Reporting to my co-workers on my Vegas winnings (They pooled together $27 for me to gamble with in Vegas---how cool is that!?)

8) Setting a goal and telling my sister and friends and having their support to work towards accomplishing it.

9) Making dinner plans with Kat to catch up :).

Final closing thought:

What in the world would I do without all the wonderful people I have in my life?

5 comments:

Pipas para la paz said...

we love you smishter

comfy cozy said...

You're a girl after my own heart! It is the simple things that truly are the best! I owe my mom for teaching me that. Her enthusiasm for just the scent of pine trees mixed with fresh air would make her stop and breathe in deeply as she exclaimed how wonderful the scent was. Now I find myself doing the same exact thing!

Yes, good people in your life and the appreciation of the small, simple things is what makes the world go around for sure!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Aaaaaw I love making your list! I feel like we have known each other a lifetime!! I too love the simplest things in life! The first thing that comes to mind is how thankful I am for laundry detergent! Isn't that so weird?

PS I will have to answer your question another day! But I promise I will!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Oooo and I want to know what your Vegas winnings were!!! I need to know your goal too!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Okay an email is in order :)! Look for me in your inbox soon!